What is a biography?
A biography, or simply bio, is a detailed description of a person’s life. It involves more than just the basic facts like education, work, relationships, and death; it portrays a person’s experience of these life events.
There are many biographies but I have selected few as an example-
- Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand.
- Steve Jobs by Walter Isaacson.
- Into the Wild by Jon Krakauer.
How do you write a good biography?
There are three major steps to write a good biography
1) When select your subject take in to consideration of how much information there is on that specific person. It is usually better to choose a famous person because there is a lot of information about them in newspapers, magazines, etc…
2) Do a detailed research on your subject. Make sure that even the most unknown and un- heard of facts should be displayed in your biography.
3) Divide your essay into 3 or 5 paragraphs format, which includes an introduction, a minimum two paragraphs and a conclusion.
What is the importance of biography and how does it impact our lives?
What Is the Purpose of a Biography? The purpose of a biography is to share the life of another person with an audience. An author may choose to write a biography because they find the subject’s story to be interesting or to have themes that apply to life today. Reading about the real life story of a successful or remarkable person often influences, motivates, or provides encouragement. As students learn about the challenges that others have overcome, they can make connections to their own lives.
benefits of reading biography
The reason why young people should read biographies is because they provide the most valuable lessons in life. People who write their autobiographies usually have an interesting story to tell about the trials and tribulations of their own lives. Every life has a beginning, middle, and an end, and how one has lived one’s life should be of great interest to those who are still at the beginning.